- Prospective exploration properties.
- Equity holding in several mining companies.
Tara provides investors growth exposure with a diversified exploration portfolio, multiple multi-million ounce targets and exposure to several near term production scenarios. Tara Gold is also positioned to benefit from production start-up at Lluvia de Oro, from the future advancement of 100% owned La Currita and Las Minitas projects and the monetization of its equity interests. A summary of all projects is provided below.
La Currita Mine – Own 100%
- Assessing advancement options.
- Mineralization structure exposed on surface (1 km).
- Surface samples returned 5 g/t gold and 600 g/t silver.
On December 9, 2010, Paramount Gold reported drilling results from their Don Ese target located in close proximity to Tara Gold’s 100% owned La Currita. Updates were released on December 21, 2010 and February 1, 2011. This has resulted in a number of parties indicating their interest in La Currita, a past producing gold/silver project which borders the southeast end of Coeur d’Alene’s Guadalupe deposit in the south end of the Palmarejo District. Palmarejo has the capacity to produce an average of approximately 120,000 ounces of gold and 9.0 million ounces of silver annually. At La Currita, a mineralized structure is exposed on surface for over 1 km, with 6 developed levels and samples returning up to 5 g/t gold and 600 g/t silver. La Currita has the potential for a near-term production scenario.
Don Roman and Lourdes – 100% under Tara Minerals
- High grade zinc, lead and silver property owned 100% by Tara Minerals Corp.
- Currently developing silver/zinc/lead and residual gold mine and mill.
- Production is planned for 2011/2012.
- Tara Gold owns a mojority interest in Tara Minerals.
- Paramount Gold and Silver Corp. – Santa Cruz sale
- Cayden Resources Inc. (TSX-V: CYD) – Equity position
- NWM Mining Corporation – Potential to earn additional equity position
- Picacho – Under Tara Minerals’ subsidiary Adit Resources
- Las Minitas – Retain 100%