- Prospective exploration properties.
- Equity holding in several mining companies.
Tara provides investors growth exposure with a diversified exploration portfolio, multiple multi-million ounce targets and exposure to several near term production scenarios. Tara Gold is also positioned to benefit from production start-up at Lluvia de Oro, from the future advancement of 100% owned La Currita and Las Minitas projects and the monetization of its equity interests. A summary of all projcets is provided below.
- Assessing advancement options.
- Mineralization structure exposed on surface (1 km).
- Surface samples returned 5 g/t gold and 600 g/t silver.
On December 9, 2010, Paramount Gold reported drilling results from their Don Ese target located in close proximity to Tara Gold’s 100% owned La Currita. Updates were released on December 21, 2010 and February 1, 2011. This has resulted in a number of parties indicating their interest in La Currita, a past producing gold/silver project which borders the southeast end of Coeur d'Alene’s Guadalupe deposit in the south end of the Palmarejo District. Palmarejo has the capacity to produce an average of approximately 120,000 ounces of gold and 9.0 million ounces of silver annually. At La Currita, a mineralized structure is exposed on surface for over 1 km, with 6 developed levels and samples returning up to 5 g/t gold and 600 g/t silver. La Currita has the potential for a near-term production scenario.
- High grade zinc, lead and silver property owned 100% by Tara Minerals Corp.
- Currently developing silver/zinc/lead and residual gold mine and mill.
- Production is planned for 2011/2012.
- Tara Gold owns a mojority interest in Tara Minerals.
Paramount Gold and Silver Corp. – Santa Cruz sale
- Monetized PZG holdings from San Miguel sale.
- Tara will earn 350,000 PZG shares upon trasfer of Santa Cruz.
- PZG has interest in the Vidette Lake Gold Mine located in British Columbia, Canada.
- Visit http://www.paramountgold.com for additional details.
Cayden Resources Inc. (TSX-V: CYD) – Equity position
- Exploring Morelos project adjacent to Goldcorp in Mexico.
- 43-101 report has been completed.
On October 15, 2010, Cayden Resources Inc., which trades on the TSX venture exchange, entered into an option agreement with La Camera Mining Inc. to acquire its Morelos Sur gold property. An amendment to the agreement was announced on December 21, 2010. On February 16, 2010, Cayden announced that it has exercised its option agreement with La Camera Mining. The property is currently being drilled by Cayden.
NWM Mining Corporation – Potential to earn additional equity position
- Tara Gold was previously paid 2.5 million shares.
- Tara may earn an additonal 2.5 million shares upon production target being reached.
- Progressing towards Gold/Silver/Copper production.
On December 21, 2010, NWM Mining announced the initial production of gold and silver from its Lluvia-Jojoba Project in northern Sonora, Mexico. Tara Gold sold the Lluvia de Oro project to NWM. In addition to cash, Tara Gold was paid 2.5 million shares in NWM Mining Corp. and may earn an additional 2.5 million shares upon NWM reaching a pre-defined production target.
Picacho – Under Tara Minerals' subsidiary Adit Resources
- Formerly producing mine with processing facility currently capable of producing 250 tonnes/day.
- Ore grades averaging 5 g/t gold and 15 g/t silver over a 1 km, 6 m wide vein.
- On Feb. 2, 2011, Adit completed a private placement and signed a Letter of Intent with Yamana Gold Inc. that grants Yamana an option to acquire up to a 70% interest in the Picacho gold/silver project.
- Early exploration with several targets identified.
- Currently assessing options for advancement.